Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening Review






Greetings!
It has been a while since the last time I wrote to this blog. A lot of things to take care of has dragged me off from my writing activities, though. So, I guess I have a few things to catch up here on my blog!
Here again, I am writing to give a review of a cushion that I bought not so long ago, maybe few weeks before this post. I purposely endured to write the review of this cushion because I really wanted to know how this cushion affects my skin and how my skin face reacts to this high-end cushion. Well, in brief, we’ll talk about Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion!
Amidst how often and how many people refer to cushion as their daily make up, I used to think I wouldn’t be needing it. I mean, people tend to use cushion when they don’t have any time to apply layers of make ups for their daily make up, or if they want to use simplicity make up that is fast and effective (in this case, full coverage and the cushion result is equal to the result if they do their daily make up routine other than using cushion). In addition, I have so many make ups already and I don’t want to waste them by buying new products, especially cushion.
But then, my mind was changed somehow.
My cousin offered me to buy a Disney Character Cushion from The Face Shop. Maybe most of you have seen and known this cushion from The Face Shop, each Disney character is specialized to a specific skin face type. I was intrigued somehow, especially when I knew there were also Disney Princess Character Cushion from The Face Shop too (omg I am so in love with Disney!).
Considering about their low availability in Indonesia (but the price is so affordable, though), I decided to know more about cushion brand that is more available in Indonesia but also with a good quality. Then I found Laneige Cushion, and was going to buy it too, especially when I read about its reviews that declared its quality 4,5 out of 5.
It was then, before I knew Sulwhasoo. Let me introduce you to Sulwhasoo first. 



Sulwhasoo is a high-end Korean brand, as far I as know and as much as I know. I have never heard of Sulwhasoo before, but when I searched about top 10 cushion brand I found Sulwhasoo on the top rank. Correct me if I am wrong, but my researched told me that Sulwhasoo, along with Iope / Etude House / Innisfree, are brands from Amore Pacific. Amore Pacific is a high end make up / skin care brand from South Korea. There, Amore Pacific is so well known.
Sulwhasoo offers a holistic beauty : the beauty of harmony and balance, through comforting body and mind through indulging the senses and optimizing skin care effects based on Asian beauty rituals, by rigorously selected on Asian medicinal herbs and formulations.
The review of Sulwhasoo is not as many as Laneige, as far as I found. Maybe it is because Sulwhasoo has a higher price than Laneige. But rather than that, there are so many reviews comparing cushion between Sulwhasoo and Laneige. What the reviews said about this are varied, people have a different skin type and skin needs and they have their own argument about these two products. So, I can’t conclude what the reviews said about Sulwhasoo or Laneige, which is better and which is not.
Aside from that, I decided to purchase Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion ‘Brightening’ with SPF 50 PA ++, this is a cushion foundation. It states ‘A cushion foundation with brightening effect that provides a clearly brightened and a purified complexion’. It functions on making the face glowing, hydrated, moist, and give a perfect coverage.
the front cover
There are 7 shades (11 : pale pink, 13 : Light Pink, 17 : Light Beige, 21 : Medium Pink, 23 : Medium Beige, 25 : Deep Beige, 33 : Dark Beige) but the common shades of this cushion are 21, 23, and 25. But when I tested it on my face, wow no! I looked like a wax doll. Just for your information, my skin color is a little bit tanned, not so like Korean skin types. So when I apply these shades to my skin, I looked like a zebra. Oh, and also I was so excited and satisfied with how Sulwhasoo staff served me. They were so nice and informative. They cleansed my face with Sulwhasoo skin care line (I should purchase this soon after I gather up all my savings, they are so amazing!) and also opened up to what kind of cushion that fitted my skin type. After long time battling which shades I should purchased, they offered me shades number 33, which is rather rare and not so many people pick it. When I tried, I didn’t have to ask why. Its shade was rather dark, but fitted to my tanned skin. It blended perfectly with my skin color, as if as I didn’t apply any cushion to my face. Then, I decided to purchase this.

the back cover, no. 33 : Dark Beige

The common Sulwhasoo cushion costs 750,000 – 1,050,000. Well, it explains why you will find more Laneige reviews rather than Sulwhasoo due to its price, because as far as I recall Laneige costs about 560,000 (just like what I stated in paragraph above). I got a cushion compact along with cushion in it, and also plus a refill!
Next, I tried this cushion as my daily make up.
First, I apply skin care routine like day cream and sunscreen before I use this. It turned out my face was so dewy and oily, I was first disappointed. Later then, I learned that without even using any cream or moisturizer, your skin face is already moist and hydrated with this cushion. You also don’t have to use sunscreen, because this cushion serves you SPF 50 PA ++ !!!! I couldn’t say more. When I tried not to use anything after I cleansed my face with my facial wash and before applying this cushion, I realized that this cushion is perfect for my skin. Well, it has a dewy result, though. But I don’t mind with that anyway. We all know that most of Korean make up result in dewy final look.
How is the usage? Use a puff to release an appropriate amount and pat it over your face as a regular foundation. Apply more on areas with flaws for flawless skin expression.
Just a little bit recommendation for you, this cushion is so easily absorbed to your skin. So when you apply it to your skin, don’t double tap on only one spot in your face, if you don’t want to let this cushion blocked only in there. Tap it all over your skin first, then you rub it evenly. 





What I like most is the SPF 50 PA ++. I used to worry a lot about the protection of my skin from UVA and UVB, which made me purchase a lot of sunscreen types. When I realized the SPF content in Sulwhasoo Cushion, I did not have to require more.
For its long-lasting capability, it lasted for up to 6-8 hours. Coverage? One or two press will give you full coverage. Brightening function? Yes! As it declared on its product tag : Perfecting Cushion Brightening. Although I use a dark shades for my tanned skin, I feel slowly but sure that this cushion brightens my skin face so it looks glowing, dewy, and bright. Also, although it finals in dewy look, it won’t be making your skin oily. So if you have a oily skin type, you don’t have to worry about this. Mine tends to be an oily skin, but i don't find any problems with this cushion, though.
I am fond of how this cushion smells. You will like the Korean natural blossom floral fragrance from this.
Once again, Sulwhasoo’s is a high end cushion. Quoted by other reviews that I searched, the reason why Sulwhasoo’s is a high end cushion, because it is made by Korean Herbal Medicine and Korean Herbal Water. Also, It included adenosine that will help as a anti-wrinkle to our skin face. Aside from that, it also contains Pearlescent Complex and Magnolia extracts to brighten dull skin for radiant complexion, and licorice purifying water for long lasting hydration and transparent complexion.
Maybe, what is so unfortunate from this cushion is that it dries a little bit fast. I have to say that I don’t use this cushion every day due to on how many make up that will be wasted if I don’t use them, and when I checked the cushion it has dried a little bit. But you don’t have to worry much about this, if you find it tend to dry itself when you are about to use it, just press a little harder by sponge onto the cushion pores.
Let’s talk about the packaging! It is so elegant, and I really like the cover of the compact. 

 
the luxurious packaging full of elegance
equipped with mirror
offer a prestige for us through its packaging

The puff used is Rubycell Puff, a moistened sponge designed to bring higher absorbance and coverage with more than 80,000 pores.

the cushion pores

moistened sponge

Anyway, if you're staying in Indonesia and you are interested with this cushion, you can find Sulwhasoo counter on Plaza Senayan, Grand Indonesia, or Central Park.
Well, I guess I have said too much about this product. Speaking frankly, I don’t feel regret for purchasing this, and I'm thinking of repurchasing it later. It's really worth a high cost for its quality!
Let me give the score for this Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening :
4,7 / 5




No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com